Q:12, 19, 21, 27, 30. :)
12: George Orwell, Walter M. Miller Jr., Stephen King, Steven Pressfield, Jean Shepherd…too many to name them all.
19: The Gun Seller, a novel by Hugh Laurie. Yes, THAT Hugh Laurie. It’s equal parts exciting and hilarious.
21: Most disturbing book….Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Don’t judge! At the time, that shit was scary as all hell. The freaky illustrations didn’t help, either.
27: Science Fiction, first and foremost. Comedy is close behind.
30: Right now I’m slacking off and re-reading an H.P. Lovecraft collection.
A Thing With Some Stuff
This tag is to get to know the person behind the blog better. As with any tagging game there are rules:
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
If you could be any animal and be self-conscious, which one you’d be?
- I’d be a penguin. Penguins are awesome.
Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarznegger? (ha-ha)
- I’m gonna have to go with Ahnold
What kind of clothes do you usually wear?
- Pair of jeans, t-shirt, and my assault boots (which are more or less the only shoes I wear anymore).
Do you play any instrument(s)? What instrument(s) would you like to play?
- I used to be able to play the guitar, badly. I’d love to play a theremin, though. They’re incredibly cool.
Do you read books a lot? If yes or no, why?
- Love books, but I haven’t gotten to read them as much as I like, lately. I hate having to put a book down, so I generally read them in one sitting. And I love books because they’re an escape. I can be anything. Take a look, it’s in a book. Reading Rainbow.
Watch much TV?
- More than I should. I’m an obsessive rewatcher of various TV series. The exemption being Firefly, you can never watch too much Firefly.
Least favourite dish?
- Dessert plates. They’re tiny and fragile, and they fall through the slots in our dishwasher. (This was a joke.) And the real answer…anything with a large quantity of peas. I’m not a fan of peas.
How do you feel about the Olympics in general?
- Honestly, I really couldn’t care any less than I already do. The only things I find even remotely interesting are the summer and winter biathlon - running or skiing followed by shooting.
MP3s or CD records?
I do use MP3s mostly, but I like having the physical CD as backup. I usually get a CD, rip the tracks, and then shove the CD in a drawer.
Take a picture of the shoes you last wore or are wearing right now. If not possible, draw them.
The aforementioned boots. They’re not pretty, but good god they’re tough.
Summer or Winter? (Typical question, but couldn’t think of anything else)
- I’m more of an autumn guy, but between those two…winter. I like the cold. You can put on as many layers of clothing as you need for winter, but in the summer…you can only take off so much.
- prince-herbert (didn’t say anything about no tag-backs)
- What is the single worst movie you have ever seen?
- What is the one piece of clothing you couldn’t live without?
- Favorite teacher you’ve ever had, and why?
- Have you ever tried reading a book so awful, you couldn’t finish it? If so, which book?
- Favorite TV show?
- Most awkward moment?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Name your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Take a picture the shoes you last wore or are wearing right now. If not possible, draw them. (I’m keeping this one because it’s both cool, and unusual.)
- Have you ever watched Firefly? If so, what’s your favorite episode?
- Do you have anything “lucky”? (Coin, shirt, socks, doesn’t matter what.)
Q:PREMIUM BEAUTIFUL PERSON! Once you receive this award, you are supposed to paste it into the asks of eight people who deserve it. If you break the chain nothing will happen, but it is sweet to know that someone thinks you’re beautiful inside and out& you are so amazing just like that ♥
wearabowler replied to your post: What. A. Shower. I smell damn good, and feel like…
It probably could have been even more cathartic had you kept your clothes on like they do in the movies.
I accidentally took a shower with my socks on, once. Does that count?
Q:4, 15, 20, 26. :)
4: Answered last post.
15: I used to chew pens, but now I started carrying metal ones so that habit sort of died. If I have a pencil and I’m nervous, I do bite it sometimes.
20: Cartoons…Don’t watch any current ones, but I love watching older Warner Bros. cartoons. Especially Animaniacs. Especially Pinky and The Brain.
26: Hmm. This is actually kind of tough. First two without a doubt are Serenity and Ink. I could watch both of those movies till the sun burned out. After that: The Princess Bride, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scorched, and O Brother Where Art Thou?
Idealist and cynic…maybe you’re supposed to write dystopian novels?
Now there’s an idea. I like that.
Dude I’ve been grinding my teeth since I was 3 years old, irritating though it is, I do believe worse things exist.
It’s definite that worse things exist, and It’s probably not even that bad to begin with, but this is just one more bit of stress I really wish I didn’t have to deal with, you know? Straw that broke the camel’s back.
wearabowler replied to your photo: Okay Tumblr, it’s time for PLANKING OR DEAD, Hugh…
*pokes* I always imagined if the bunnies got to him before a coroner did they’d eat his corpse…
Hah! The police come hours later, run out and call animal control. “They’ve gone feral!”